To perform a range of specialised and process-oriented responsibilities related to security operations including monitoring and maintaining security equipment in line with established procedures.
Education: University Degree (preferly) and or High School Diploma combined with experience in the military/police force.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience working in administration and/or security coordination in the private sector, National and/or international organizations or Military/Police force.
Excellent knowledge of standard computer applications, electronic security databases, automated alarm and video surveillance systems and other security equipment.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Portuguese languages.
• Has applied knowledge of security operations technical processes which must be adhered to in day to day work
• Has supported security operations efforts as directed
• Has supported in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members
1. Collect, record and report to supervisor all information related to the safety and security of WFP personnel and eligible family members, premises, assets and resources in accordance with UN and WFP Security Management Systems;
2. In close coordination with the supervisor, assist in the implementation of all technical requirements contained in the UN Security Plan, Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS), Residential Security Measures (RSM), Security Risk Management (SRM) and other relevant policies, guidelines and assessments;
3. Assist in providing technical support for all WFP contracted security providers;
4. Assist the supervisor in drafting WFP security documentation including security contingency plans;
6. Assist in the compiling of mandatory reports in accordance with WFP security reporting guidelines including SIMSAS;
7. Assist the supervisor in monitoring the security situation and emerging security threats to WFP personnel and eligible family members, premises, assets and resources;
8. As requested by the supervisor, assist in security activities that support WFP operations and participate in security risk management for all locations where WFP personnel and eligible family members are present;
9. Draft security related information and instructions to assist the supervisor in keeping personnel informed on matters affecting their safety and security (including during the on-boarding of new staff) and actions to take in case of an emergency including those identified in the UN Security Plan as it relates to WFP;
10. Assist the supervisor in identifying appropriate liaison within the UNSMS/NGO community through UNDSS;
11. Implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders on security related preparedness and operations.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic approach to security risk management||Demonstrates understanding of the strategic context in which the security function operates and the broader implications of day-to-day work.|
|Operational knowledge of security risk management||Demonstrates some understanding of day to day security operations. Contributes knowledge to development of resolutions to aspects of challenges faced, as directed.|
|Security resource management
||Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and financial resource usage on a project-level basis.|
|Analysis and solution development||Demonstrates understanding of key UN inter-governmental body partner agencies. Understands implications of security information and reports and supports in the identification of mitigating actions against threats and vulnerabilities to WFP’s operations.|
|Planning compliance and emergency management||Supports in planning and prioritisation practices in-line with established security policies and procedures.|
This position is applicable only to Mozambican Nationals.
Position Title: Security Assistant SC5
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Maputo
28th March 2022