Education: The candidate must have an undergraduate degree; a degree in Business Management, Communication, International Development, Human Resources, International Relations, Business Administration, Strategic Management
Experience: Two to three years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. Experiences working in a multicultural and fast-paced environment and in a large organization are beneficial.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software inclusive of Office 365
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills are required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
What you will do:
- Process and manage the handling of all protocol services that the RBN staff are entitled to regarding protocol.
- Ensure that all requests are sent through the protocol platform EasyVista and ensure that all staff are guided through incase of any challenges.
- Respond to staff members protocol queries, ensuring that timely feedback and accurate resolutions are provided.
- Manage and maintain protocol records and database, to ensure that the protocol data and files are accurately stored and regularly updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Liaise with the Kenya Country Office protocol counterparts and coordinate the RBN protocol needs and priorities for timely and effective processing of staff members documents and entitlements.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitments and selections, contractual conditions, entitlements etc. to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide Administrative support including onboarding of new staff members in compliance with the relevant protocol processes and procedures.
- Prepare various protocol documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. guidelines on shipping personal effects and importing vehicles, referral letters, note verbales to the Governments, fuel card memos, etc.), ensuring accuracy and within the established deadlines.
- Act as an alternate for travel and support in the processing of all travel-related requests when the Travel focal point is away.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the Supervisor.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills when liaising with internal and external clients
- Ensure that all administration and documentation requirements are initiated and completed in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure that assigned tasks are performed accurately and within established time frames