To ensure the pack house is operating according to internationally accepted standards. Gearing towards maximum consumer satisfaction for all products in terms of safety, quality and legality.
Coordinating the implementation of the technical standards on site and to ensure robust due diligence systems are in place supporting the facility to ensure the highest level of compliance to the food safety standards are maintained.
- Customer complaints and out of specification micro investigation, corrective action follow up and response.
- Customer and packaging specification update.
- Document controls and record approval.
- Pest control process update.
- Planning staff and equipment resource in advance to prevent interruptions to activities carried out by the quality department.
- Responsible for audits and full time compliance at the factory.
- OSH lead coach
- Managing of all equipment and tools within the pack house to ensure optimal performance through
- scheduled maintenance, training of operators and safe storage when not in use.
- Giving feedback to the Technical manager on any aspects that are preventing the QA function to work at optimal levels.
- Investigating and looking for ways of improving the current systems / practice applied on site.
- Scheduling meetings with relevant sections to ensure a comprehensive understanding of standards,
- specifications. Job requirements and use of equipment within the quality department.
- Measure the performance of the deputies and / or staff that works within your function.
- Planning of refresher trainings to ensure a high level of understanding and for updating in case of
- changes to normal practice.
- Understanding the requirements for audits and customer visits and be able to explain this job function
- as set out in the job description and how this function is managed.
- Liasing with Head office and pack house Manager when needed.
- Understanding of NEW Product Development and looking at new concepts that can be trialed within the current HACCP. Discussing NPD on behalf of the site during technical meetings.
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene within and around the facility.
- Ensure that the laid down Quality management systems are adhered to at all times during production
- process to ensure that the product conforms in terms of quality, safety and legality.
- Investigating and looking for ways of improving the current systems / practice applied on site whenever there is a change in supermarket standards.
- Ensuring that the documents / records in use are current, the correct versions and completed in a way
- that it is unambiguous and clear.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor, manager or senior management.