Our client, in the Hospitality Industry located in Syokimau, Nairobi, is seeking to recruit a a Pastry Chef. The successful candidate will be responsible to make a wide variety of desserts and baked goods, including confectionery work.
- Directs and oversees the pastry and baking functions of the kitchen
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ensure to exceed guest expectations in quality and service of the food products.
Required skills and Competencies
- Diploma from a culinary school
- Proven work experience as a Pastry Chef (Minimum 2 years)
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work in shift
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their detail CV’s and a cover letter tonot later than 21st March, 2022.