To design visibility and campaign content. The role also supports internal communications, in line with the agreed CAM strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (1/2)
- Provide coordination, administrative and specialized services, to support staff in the development, preparation and execution of communications campaigns for target audiences.
- In line with the Country Office CAM strategy, support the Editorial team and Requesting Units to develop and design infographics, publications, presentations, social media content and any other communication materials required for key external audiences (donors, government, etc.) and events.
- Guide the requesting Units throughout the process, from concept development to delivery of end, high quality products.
- Act as brand guardian and continuously train and advise Country Office teams on proper branding and visibility, ensuring all WFP premises and activities are appropriately branded in a manner that effectively communicates WFP’s work and values, whilst also meeting any donor requirements.
- Advise teams on internal communications, delivering priority products and campaigns as agreed by the Country Office management and supporting lower priority needs by designing templates that staff can then use for their own internal communication purposes
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (2/2)
- Support teams, including the wider Editorial team, in the conceptualization, branding, organization and administration of events
- Lead on vendor management for branding and communications products and events, ensuring an up-to-date, high-quality and cost-effective roster of vendors across the range of branding and communication services required by the Country Office
- Manage and further develop internal records, photobanks, story banks and product databases, ensuring information and communications products are accurate, organized and easily available for others to access.
- Any other roles as may be necessary for the smooth running of WFP communications and campaigns.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Arts, Marketing or in any academic field from a recognized Academic Institution
Experience: At least two years of professional work experience in a relevant role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Good understanding of WFP communication techniques and activities
- Proficient in using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Quark Xpress software on Mac hardware.
- Understanding of impactful branding and visibility, with experience branding and producing content for humanitarian and/or international development campaigns.
- Understanding and experience working on internal communications and campaigns, and enabling staff to deliver this independently
- Experience developing and implementing branding strategies
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.