To manage day-to-day logistics operations at the CDP and beyond. This is a management position that will report to a more senior Logistics Officer and also supervise some of the logistics staff.
1. Oversight of Gulu Hub operations to ensure compliance with corporate SC procedures and approaches for WFP operations in Uganda and in serving the regional corridor
2. Manage staff and contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
3. Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
4. Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
5. Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
6. Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
7. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
8. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
9. Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
10. Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
11. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
12. Other as required.
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
|Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.|
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
• Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
• Experience arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air, or sea).
• Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
• Experience in report writing.
25 February 2022