About the role
BURN is seeking to hire a Carbon Officer, who will be the interface between local and the HQ team for all activities related its carbon offset generation projects in Mozambique. The Carbon Officer will work together with BURN’s commercial, carbon, and marketing intelligence teams in preparing and organizing carbon documentation, leading the on-ground execution of carbon-related activities, reviewing and analyzing carbon data and managing the day-to-day operations of the call center. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and research experience, excellent analytical skills, as well as practical business thinking ability. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing teams, strong project management skills, and some hands-on knowledge with carbon offsetting projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Analysis and Quality Assurance: Analyzing and quality checking BURN's databases that interface with carbon offsetting and identifying opportunities for improving reporting tools.
- Call Centre Operations: Working with BURN HQ team to set up and manage the local call center including owning the recruitment, onboarding and supervision of the day to day operations of the call agents.
- Reporting: Produce analytical reports on the development of new carbon initiatives and performance of existing carbon projects including analyzing and reporting on customer registration efforts, distribution activities and staff performance.
- Researching Carbon Offset Inputs: In depth research both online and via networking, to obtain key data required for carbon offsetting.
- Collaboration: Be an organizer and go between with BURN's in country commercial teams and HQ teams( business intelligence, market research, expansion and carbon teams) for tracking and reporting on carbon project execution.
- Carbon Admin: Preparing and documenting SOPs related to BURN's carbon offsetting.
- Projects: Carrying out specific carbon projects falling outside the scope of existing staff in HQ.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Business Administration, Commerce or STEM - related fields.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in project management, customer service and or M/E.
- Excellent communications skills in both written and spoken English and Portuguese·
- Excellent quantitative background, ideally including data analysis.
- Excellent desktop and networking research skills.
- Excellent graphical presentation and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing teams is highly desired.
- Hands on experience with carbon offsetting projects would be an added advantage.
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process( application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).