- Carry out support supervision visits together with MOH team to assess reproductive health services being offered in the community health units.
- Facilitate linkages with community stakeholders i.e., CHVs, TBAs & community gate keepers.
- Ensure that community health volunteers in each community unit understand and implement community based maternal and newborn health protocols recommended by MOH.
- Ensure there is proper linkage and referral of expectant mothers from the community/ clinics to the main hospital facilities for skilled delivery and management of obstetric complications.
- Generate appropriate IEC materials & protocols to create awareness for SRH services.
- Plan and implement demand creation activities for SRH services including community dialogues, TBA forums, and outreaches to hard-to-reach areas.
- Monitor service delivery and data quality at the reproductive health units.
- Take lead in quality improvement project focusing on reproductive health services.
- Ensure proper documentation, timely collection of reports associated with all health and, with the support of Health Information Records & System Officer (HIRO)
- Monitor and ensure essential RH supplies are available in the BEmONC and CEmONC facilities to support quality delivery of reproductive health services.
- In collaboration with RH officer identify gaps within the MOH referral system for emergency obstetric services and propose to the program manager recommendation to ensure it is efficient and responsive to the emergencies arising in the project implemented sub-counties.
- Track utilization and support offered for referral linkages in liaison with MOH referral ambulance services
Human Resource Management
- In liaison with MOH, and the RH Officer, facilitate logistics for training programs for hospital based health staff (Midwives, doctors) in reproductive health as well as identifying their training needs.
- Advise the RH team & MOH on personnel needs for the reproductive health activities and provide technical support in coordination with the RHM & RHO.
- Monitor and ensure the proper usage of reproductive health and family planning program supplies at the target facilities.
- Participate in annual program planning process, budget implementation, and recommend budget revisions to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
Communication and Reporting:
- In collaboration with M&E team, track all statistical reports relating to reproductive health from maternity and clinics ensuring they are accurate and submitted weekly, monthly and annually.
- Monitor closely and report on reproductive health indicators as per the project objectives and targets.
- Together with MOH team, participate in maternal and neonatal death audit committee for all maternal perinatal death and near miss audits.
- Maintain an updated library of reproductive health manuals and other reproductive health resources to use as job aids for trainings.
- Ensure adequate flow of information from MOH team to the in- charges of the health facilities with constant feedback as may be required.
- Carry out other relevant or requested duties as may be required.
Key Result Areas:
- Improvement of key reproductive health indicators skilled delivery, maternal mortality ratio, and complete antenatal care coverage.
- Increased uptake of family planning services with the target sub counties as a strategy of reducing maternal mortality.
- Timely and quality reproductive health care services to Kenyan communities in Turkana County.
- Health Professional (nurse) with at least 3 years of experience practicing MNCH.
- Be registered and have a valid license from the relevant health regulatory body.
- Certificate/Diploma in reproductive health training.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of implementing reproductive health services /program.
- Experience in community-based programming will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a ASAL setting will be an added advantage).
- Candidates who have held a similar position will be preferred.