Key role and responsibilities
- Checkout and test development & release branches, pair with engineers and product managers as necessary to understand the issues they are closing
- Participate in code reviews while overseeing unit and functional tests written by engineers with the ability to recommend the extension of tests as necessary to improve coverage
- Advise and lead on efforts around test code refactors
- Identify opportunities for automation and automate where necessary. Write integration tests for project codebase
- Research and recommend tools for the team to use for integration and E2E testing.
- Manage the build/CI/test environment to ensure tests are run accurately and quickly.
- Create releases with changelogs and verify they are production-ready and assist in deploying production releases
- Lead and be an advocate for testing and quality within our team
- Experience writing production code.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Experience testing and releasing production code.
- Well versed in test automation strategies and techniques.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of root cause analysis and bug triage.
- Experience in mobile testing.
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues and highlight possible risks.
- Passionate about automated testing and keeps up with testing trends
- Experience with varied automation test tools such as RestAssured as well as code analysis tools.
- Experience testing within an agile environment.