There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Site Reliability Engineering team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Ona's users and developers.
Key role and responsibilities
- As a Security Engineer, you will write code to protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks.
- Write code for our deployment systems that actively monitors our systems for attacks and intrusions.
- Also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- This role will report to the Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Some experience analyzing the security of systems (at least one of penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.)
- Experience with concepts and practices such as data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access.
- Experience in responding to security problems in target-rich environments, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and response.
- 3 years of experience in this or a related role
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- Understanding of technical privacy issues (cookie management, encryption), and experience with the software development lifecycle.