As a UI Designer at Ona, you will apply your design skills to problems involving community health services, impact analysis, and disaster response with partners like UNICEF, World Food Program, DFID and Gates Foundation.
The UI Designer works directly with a multidisciplinary team including software engineers, technical project managers, and global development experts. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, collaborative team player and skilled designer that can work on multiple projects. As a team, we are focused on building real solutions for the user and context — and so should you.
This role will report to the Head of Design.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Design intuitive, feasible, and sustainable digital services and experiences for a variety of users.
- Liaise with internal product teams regarding Ona’s four product lines (Ona Data, Canopy, OpenSRP and True Cover) to ensure solutions are in line with company goals.
- Help create internal and client-facing deliverable's (recording action points, analysis briefs, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes, and software requirements) that ensure understanding, collaboration and ultimately, a working software solution.
- 0 - 2 years of experience with interface/service design solutions for clients.
- Professional experience designing software solutions for clients.
- Experience with iterative prototyping.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with colleagues & clients.
- Good presentation and documentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to respond positively to shifting priorities and project timelines.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Axure and Sketch.
- Knowledge about global health or global development.
- Knowledge and interest in software and technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Front End engineering skills are a big plus.